Related Work on the Tarascan State
- Dr. Helen Pollard, Michigan State University, listing her more recent publications and research on the Tarascan State.
- Dr. Chris Fisher of Colorado State (and former student of Helen Pollard) discussing his ecological and landscape research in the Pátzcuaro Basin (and elsewhere)
- The full text of the Relación de Michoacán, along with searchable indices and notes, thanks to faculty and employees at the Colegio de Michoacán.
Other Work of Interest
- Dr. Susan Gillespie of University of Florida, my doctoral committee chair.
- Dr. Michael Heckenberger of University of Florida (another of my doctoral committee members) and his archaeological/ethnographic research in Amazonia
- Dr. Michael Smith of Arizona State, a leading (if not the leading) Aztec archaeologist, including links to many of his publications
- Instituto Nacional de Antropología e Historia (INAH) of Mexico, the national body that governs and protects all national patrimony, archaeological investigations, and anthropological research.
- Mesoamerican Photo Archives-some great photos of Mesoamerican sites along with some photos of objects from the INAH National Museum
- Recent excavations at Teotihuacan, a highland Mexican metropolis over 1,500 years old.
- The Middle American Research Institute at Tulane University.
- Ancient Maya sites - Some really great photos of a number of sites.
- A database of Maya glyphs and resource for Maya epigraphy.